Friday, February 8, 2008

reflecting

i've been wanting to have a date with my favorite little boy. and today, while zaiah was taking a mega morning nap, kai and i indulged in a festival of activities. just me and him. it's moments like these that wipe away the constant reminders of sleep deprivation, the piles of dishes that need to be scrubbed, the dirty diapers that need to be washed. i need more reminders lately to just be with them, to observe them, and to breathe.

i'm amazed always, especially lately, how my first little babe has grown to be three! now, we have conversations non-stop in a 20 minute car ride, how he looks me in the eyes and says i love you mommy, and really means it. here are a few photos i took today during our 'date.' the only thing missing was a special treat. here he is showing me how he put on his socks....


look at his H's!



yoga .... this is his twirling, spinning yoga pose. ( can you expect a 3 yr old to om!)

No comments: