Friday, September 25, 2009

interview by kai

this morning in the car:

kai: "when you're in jail can you leave after 2 days if you don't like the beds?"

me: "no. they try to make the beds uncomfortable so you won't like them."

kai: "have you ever been to jail?"

me: "no."

kai: "has daddy?"

me: "no."

silence for a few minutes

kai: "have you ever been pulled over by a police car?"

me: "yes."

kai: "why?"

me: "for driving too fast."

kai: "daddy has, with grandma for going too fast."

kai: "i wouldn't mind getting pulled over by a police car."

me: "why do you think a police man would pull you over?"

kai: "i don't know."

silence for a few minutes

kai: "when will we vote again?"

me: "in 3 years."

kai: "when do we vote for the president?"

me: "in 3 years. we may vote for someone before that, like a mayor for our city."

kai: "how old will i be when we vote?

me: "8"

kai: "how old will zaiah be?"

me: "5" (now that i'm doing the math in my head i don't think this is right.)

kai: "how old is the president?"

me: "almost 50."

kai: "is he older than grandpa jewell?"

me: "no, he's younger."

kai: "will i be a grandpa next time we vote?"

me: "no, you'll only be 8."

No comments: